Try this Easy, Delicious Vegetable Red Lentils. Perfect for a Healthy Gluten Free Lunch/ Dinner! You make it, fresh in your kitchen!
- Serves - 4 Portions
- Prep Time - 5 Min
- Cook Time - 20 Min
- 1 Cup Masoor Dal OR Red Lentils (200 gm) - Washed in water
- EltheCook's dal 'Tadka' (Serves 4 pack)
- 1 Finely chopped Onion
- 1 Cup chopped Vegetables of your choice - Carrot, Peas, Cauliflower, Tomato
- Fresh Coriander for garnish
- Salt to taste (About 1 teaspoon)
- Boil washed Dal/ Lentil in a Pressure Cooker with 2 cups water & salt. Allow to cook for high flame for 2 whistles. Allow pressure to settle before opening the cooker.
- Meanwhile, in a pan on medium flame, empty Tadka packet & add finely chopped onions. Saute till light brown.
- Add chopped vegetables & saute for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cooked dal to above mix along with its water. Mix thoroughly. Adjust salt and water. Cover & let it bubble for 5 min.
- Garnish with fresh coriander & Serve Hot.